友情提示:如果本网页打开太慢或显示不完整,请尝试鼠标右键“刷新”本网页!阅读过程发现任何错误请告诉我们,谢谢!! 报告错误
小说一起看 返回本书目录 我的书架 我的书签 TXT全本下载 进入书吧 加入书签

著迷英语900句-第17章

按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!



: I’m getting depressed again。 我又情绪低落了;
: It’s time for a change。 该是换换环境了;
: Maybe I’ll meet someone in an elevator; and he’ll offer me a wonderful job。 也许我会在电梯里认
识一个人; 然后他将提供给我一份理想的工作;
: My worries will be over。 我就没有烦恼;
: Stop it; Laura。 Be realistic。 得了; 罗拉; 现实点。
: Yes; it’s time for a change。 对; 我应该换一个环境了;
: I hate offices。 我讨厌办公室;
: I don’t hate work …that’s why I got the job with Crawford …but I don’t like offices。 我不厌恶工作…
所以才到郭佛那里去作事──但是我不喜欢办公室;
: I don’t feel human in an office。 我觉得在公司里不像个人。
: I’d rather work with people than with files and typewriters。 我喜欢和别人接触; 不喜欢和档案、
打字机作伴。
: But how? 要怎么样才可以呢?
: I could be a real estate agent; a travel agent; 我可以当房地产经纪人、旅行经纪人、
: a。。。 anything; as long as it isn’t boring。 或什么都行; 只要不令人无聊就可以。
: Claire’s going to law school。 克蕾尔正读法律学校。
: Crawford’s son; what’s his name? 。。。Michael; Yes。 郭佛的儿子; 他叫什么名字? 。。。 麦可。 对了;
: He wants to be an artist。 他想作艺术家。
: Henry Leeds likes his job。 亨利·里德斯喜欢他的工作;
: He doesn’t want to do anything else。 他不想再做其他事情;
: It is possible to be happy at your job。 一个人能从自己的工作得到快乐; 到底不是不可能的。
: I could teach Spanish。 我可以教西班牙文;
: No; I don’t have the patience。 不; 我没有这份耐心。
: I think I’d to be my own boss。 我想我会喜欢自己当老板。
: I like to sew。 我喜欢做针? 。
: Maybe I could open a small dress shop。 也许我可以开一家小服装店。
: I wonder how much you need to start a shop。 不知道开一个店需要多少钱。
: My head is spinning。 我头昏脑胀;
: I must be getting hungry。 大概是饿了吧;
: I’m tired; too。 而且也疲倦。
: Maybe I’m getting a cold。 也许我感冒了;
: No。 You’re not getting a cold。 不;你并不是感冒;
: You’re just depressed。 And scared。 你只是沮丧和害怕。
: A dress shop。 I’ll have to think about that。 开一家服装店; 这个应该多研究研究。
: Would you like to order now? 小姐想吃什么?
MR。YAMAMOTO: Excuse me; sir。 先生请问您;

着迷英语900 句
MR。YAMAMOTO: Can you tell me where the Japanese Garden is?能不能告诉我; 日本花园在那里?
BILL: It’s quite a long walk from here。 Why don’t you take the Fair bus? It stops right over there; in
the Plaza of Nations。
Between the statue and the fountain。 从这里走到那边相当远; 您不妨搭乘博览会公车; 它就停在
那边; 在广场里的雕像和喷水池之间。
MR。YAMAMOTO: The statue? Excuse me; I don’t see as well as I used to。 雕像啊? 对不起; 我不像
以前看得那么清楚。
ALI: Hi; Mr。 O’Neill。 嗨; 欧尼尔先生。
BILL: Oh; hi; Ali。 哦; 阿里你好;
BILL: Would you do me a favor? 你愿不愿意帮我一个忙?
ALI: Sure。 好。
BILL: Would you take this gentleman to the bus stop over there? 请你带这位先生到那边巴士站;
好不好?
ALI: Sure。 Hi。 Where do you want to go? 好; 嗨; 你要去那里?
BILL: The gentleman wants to go to the bus stop; Ali。 这位先生要到巴士站; 阿里。
ALI: But where are you going after that? 然后你要去那里呢?
BILL: He asks a lot of questions。 他问了许多问题。
ALI: My father says I shouldn’t ask so many questions。 我爸爸说我不该问这么多问题;
ALI: He says it’s not polite。 So I’m sorry。 But I still want to know。 他说这样不礼貌。 所以我道歉;
但是我还是想知道。
BILL: Ali; the next bus will be here any minute。 阿里; 下一班车随时会来。
MR。YAMAMOTO: I’m going to the Japanese Garden。 我要到日本花园去。
ALI: Are you Japanese? I’m from Iran。 你是不是日本人? 我是伊朗人。
MR。YAMAMOTO: I was born in Japan。 我在日本出生。
ALI: I went to the Japanese Garden last week。 我上个礼拜到日本花园去过。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Did you? 噢; 你去过啦?
ALI: Yes; it’s very pretty。 My mother liked it very much。 I think it’s too quiet there; 是的; 非常漂
亮; 我妈妈很喜欢。 我觉得那边太安静了;
ALI: but I’ll go with you if you want。 不过; 如果你要去的话; 我就陪你去。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Thank you。 But if you come with me; your parents won’t know where you are。
谢谢。 不过; 你如果陪我去; 你父母就会不知道你到那里去了。
ALI: If you wait; I’ll tell my parents where I’m going。 你若能等我一下; 我就告诉我爸爸妈妈我
要去那里。
MR。YAMAMOTO: You are a good boy。 你真乖。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Maybe some other time。 或许; 改天吧。
ALI: Do you come here a lot? I’m here every afternoon。 My father works in that bank。 That’s my
friend; Mr。 O’Neill; the ice cream man。 你常常来这里吗? 我每天下午都在这里。 我爸爸就在那
个银行里上班; 那位是我的朋友; 欧尼尔先生; 冰淇淋摊贩。
MR。YAMAMOTO: Here’s the bus。 Good…bye; Ali。 And thank you。 巴士来了; 再见; 阿里; 谢谢你!
MIGUEL: Marta; how did you meet Michael Crawford? 玛它; 你是怎样认识麦可·郭佛的?
MARTA: It’s a funny story。 One day while I was coming down 88th Street; 说起来真好笑; 有一天
我顺着八十八街走的时候;

着迷英语900 句
MARTA: I tripped and fell。 失足跌倒了;
MARTA: My packages spilled all over the sidewalk。 ? 带的东西都散落了整个人行道。
MARTA: I twisted my ankle; and I couldn’t stand up。 我的脚踝扭伤; 简直无法站起来。
MIGUEL: Didn’t anyone help you? 没有人帮你吗?
MARTA: A couple was passing by and helped me pick up my groceries。 They even carried them
home for me。 The guy was Michael。 刚好有一对男女走过; 他们帮助我把东西拣起来; 还替我拿
回家去; 那个男的就是麦可。
MIGUEL: How long ago was that? 多久以前的事?
MARTA: Oh; about a year ago; I guess。 Then; as we were walking home; he mentioned he lived in
the neighborhood。 So
I made a friend。 噢; 大概一年以前。我想然后在回家的途中; 他说他就住在附近; 于是我们交了
朋友;
MARTA: He gives me English lessons; too。 他还替我补习英文。
MIGUEL: But he’s a painter; isn’t he? 咦? 他不是一个画家吗?
MARTA: Yes; I think so。 Why? 嗯; 好像是; 你为什么问这个?
MIGUEL: I’m just putting two and two together。 举一反叁嘛!
MARTA: What do you mean? 什么意思?
MIGUEL: I saw a picture of Michael on Pedro’s desk。 我在佩德罗的书桌上看到麦可的照片。
MARTA: Michael and Pedro! 麦可和佩德罗!
MARTA: I didn’t know they knew each other。 他们彼此认识; 我倒还不知道。
MIGUEL: Neither did I。 But apparently; they used to be best friends。 我也不知道。 不过; 很显然的;
他们一度是最好的朋友。
MARTA: Really? 真的?
MARTA: They don’t seem to have much in common。 他们好像并没有什么共同点;
MARTA: What happened? 是怎么回事?
MIGUEL: To mak
返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 0 0
未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!
温馨提示: 温看小说的同时发表评论,说出自己的看法和其它小伙伴们分享也不错哦!发表书评还可以获得积分和经验奖励,认真写原创书评 被采纳为精评可以获得大量金币、积分和经验奖励哦!